Have you had mornings where you wake up, feel your heart racing, have thoughts running through your mind and start breathing faster just thinking about all the things you have to do? Sounds like a typical morning for many people. Part of what’s happening is feeling overwhelmed with the things that need to be done in a day. Lots of people feel out of control with their busy schedules and, yet, there are simple steps that can make every day manageable. When we start feeling this way, it’s a sign telling us we need to get back to the basics.
Here are 5 quick and easy tips to get you through every day from morning to night:
- Take a deep breath down into your belly, hold it for 5 seconds and then let it out slowly. Drop your shoulders and feel your tension fall away.
- Make a list of all the things on your mind. Then, if they are tasks that need to be done, schedule them. Planning for what you need to do makes it more likely you’ll get it done.
- Have some lemon balm herbal tincture at hand. It’s one of my favorites to calm down the nervous system without making you sleepy (that’s important if you have lots of meetings or tasks)
- Smell lavender essential oil as often as you like. Your olfactory nerve is the first cranial nerve and goes straight to the brain sending your body the message to relax.
- Try some magnesium at night before bed. It is a mineral that many people are deficient in and can make all the difference between a good night’s rest…. or not.
See how you feel after trying some of these natural options. You might notice your overall feelings about your day changing. If you have more questions about getting started on a stress-free life, drop me a line. I’m all ears.